If You Are Experiencing Male Infertility Issues, Visit NTMIC Sperm Lab In Frisco, TX
Family. Growing up, it’s been your support system and the center of your universe. You’re at the age now when you and your partner are wanting to start a family of your own. Unfortunately, you are having issues getting pregnant. This can cause an incredibly frustrating and emotional period of your life. There are answers out there for you and Dr. Jeffrey Buch at NTMIC Sperm Lab in Frisco, TX wants to help you find those answers through semen analysis, so you can determine the cause behind your conception issues.
Giving Your Sperm for Analysis
At NTMIC Sperm Lab, there are two discreet methods for providing your sperm sample.
- At Home – If you are more comfortable providing a sperm sample from the comfort of your own home, this option is available to you. You will need to come into the lab to get a test kit containing a sterile plastic cup with a screw-on lid. You will take that home and deliver your sample into the cup. Once you have deposited your sample, you just need to screw on the lid. It is very important to keep the sample between body and room temperature while the sample is in your possession. You also need to return it into the lab within a 1-hour time frame from the moment of sample collection. A lab tech will be waiting in the lab to take your collection so that Dr. Buch can run the analysis and provide the necessary details regarding your semen.
- In-Lab Sample – If you prefer to just provide a sample at the NTMIC Sperm Lab, then that is an option as well. The lab has private, lockable rooms so that you can provide your sample in complete privacy. The process is the same as the at-home option and you’ll need to collect your sample in a sterile plastic cup and then screw the lid on after completion. Visual aids are available when needed.
Before collection occurs, you may be asked to withhold from sexual activity and masturbation for anywhere from 2 to 5 days and it’s best to abstain from alcoholic beverages leading up to your analysis. You will also want to inform Dr. Buch of any medications or herbal supplements you may be taking. Finally, it’s best to avoid using lubrication during the collection process as it can hinder sperm mobility.
What A Sperm Analysis Can Tell You
NTMIC Sperm Lab will take your sample and run diagnostic analysis based on four major parameters to provide results. These four parameters include:
- Sperm Concentration – A typical, healthy sperm count is at least 15 million per milliliter of semen. If results come back with a lower number, then your sperm count will be considered low.
- Sperm Movement (Motility) – Your sperm will be analyzed to see how fast they are moving and how well they move within your semen. Healthy motility falls within the 50 percent range. Put simply, 50 percent or more of your sperm should be active in the sample provided
- Morphology – This is the analysis of what your sperm look like. This is important because the size and shape of sperm (head and tail) are directly linked to their ability to fertilize an egg. A sample is considered healthy when it contains 4 percent normal shaped sperm.
- Volume – A normal sample of semen will be a minimum of 1.5 milliliters. This equates to about half a teaspoon. Any less in a sample and it could be a result of your seminal vesicles having an issue with fluid production or being blocked. This could also point to problems with your prostate.
While many labs may also provide accurate volume and density measurements, they can often miss accurate readings of motility and morphology. NTMIC Sperm Lab takes pride in their ability to provide accurate results in all the above measurements and you can be sure you are receiving the most accurate analysis available.
Dr. Jeffrey Buch has been serving patients needing expert male infertility analysis since 1985 and has seen that labs which do not adhere to the very strict standards which NTMIC Sperm Lab follow can routinely provide false reports.
We all deserve to experience what it is like to become a father, so it’s heartbreaking when issues arise that prevent this life-changing experience. If you are having issues with conception, call Dr. Buch today to schedule an appointment at (972) 616-4477.