There is no need to see a doctor before scheduling male infertility testing. NTMIC Sperm Lab welcomes self-referrals. This is a smart move for couples who are experiencing difficulty in starting a pregnancy, or for the man who just wants to know his fertility status.
Important facts about fertility:
- The standard definition of “infertility” is one year of unprotected sexual relations without conceiving.
- Eighty percent of couples who are trying to get pregnant will conceive within one year of not using birth control.
- When a woman is aged 35 or older, “infertility” is defined as only six months of unprotected relations.
- A woman’s fertility declines between the ages of 35 and 40, then drops steeply.
- Couples may assume they are in the “normal” 80 percent, then find out too late that there is a problem with the man’s fertility.
- If you think there is any chance you may want to have children in the future, schedule a pro-active visit to NTMIC Sperm Lab to preserve your potential to be a parent.
- Semen analyses show that the male is a factor in up to 50 percent of infertility cases.
- For one third of couples struggling with infertility, the man’s physiology is the sole factor.
- Even if a woman has known issues with ovulation or cycle regulation, her partner could still be the deciding factor in whether she conceives.
- Couples who have been unsuccessful in starting a family should consider male infertility testing before the woman treats with hormone regulation medications or undergoes invasive, costly procedures.
Call NTMIC Sperm Lab at (972) 616-4477 to schedule a compassionate, respectful consultation. This call is your first step toward peace of mind with regard to infertility.